Sears Return Policy
Temporary Suspension of Sears in-store returns and exchanges - Open Stores
Due to continued concerns about the coronavirus, effective 5/09/20, all returns and exchanges in our Sears stores will be suspended until June 8, 2020. Items eligible for return or exchange with a return by date between 5/09/20 and 6/09/20 can now be returned or exchanged through July 21, 2020. (Exceptions: items sold by third party sellers on Sears.com, items purchased with delivery or installation, headboard, footboards, mattresses, and cell phones). Standard return requirements must be met. Sears.com purchases will continue to be accepted by mail using the normal online return process. Sears reserves the right to modify this policy in its discretion.
Temporary Extension of Sears Return Policy - Closed Stores
Due to the closure of our Sears stores, we are temporarily extending our return policy. Items with a return by date that expires during the period that the Sears stores are closed are eligible for return or exchange for up to 45 days after the Sears stores reopen. (Exceptions: items sold by third party sellers on Sears.com, items purchased with delivery or installation, headboard, footboards, mattresses, and cell phones). Standard return requirements must be met. Sears.com purchases will continue to be accepted by mail using the normal online return process. Sears reserves the right to modify this policy in its discretion.
STANDARD SEARS Return Policy - Effective with sales starting February 7, 2018
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase.
Most products can be returned in new condition, with the original packaging (including accessories, manuals and parts) along with your receipt. Please see our terms and conditions below.
After the return period, or if the item has been used, the manufacturer’s warranty may apply. See your owner’s manual for specific product details & proper handling.
- Will be issued in the same form as the original method of payment
- With a gift receipt will either be exchanged or refunded in the form of a gift card
- May require identification
Looking for how to return or cancel an order instead? you can find it here
*Exceptions and Other Terms may apply
Shop Your Way Member
delivery or installation
delivery or installation
- Mattresses, foundations
180 days or 365 days on our "Best Stuff"
with 30 day adjustment period required
Eligible for returns day 31-180 or 365 days on our "Best Stuff"
- Headboards and footboards
- Adjustable foundations / bases
Returns must be undamaged, unsoiled and free of stains or infestations. All law tags must be attached.
If you choose an upgraded model for replacement, any increase in price will be your responsibility.
Exceptions and Other Terms
The Exceptions and Other Terms below apply to both Shop Your Way members and non-members.
Sears Return Policy Exceptions and Other Terms
Delivered furniture and Indoor Upholstered furniture – 7 Days to Return:
- Delivered wood furniture and indoor upholstered furniture, including recliners and sofas must be returned within 7 days of purchase.
Postpaid cell phones – 14 Days to Return:
- Postpaid cell phones must be returned within 14 days of purchase & may be subject to early termination fees depending on the carrier contract. After 14 days, issues should be addressed with the carrier directly.
- Automotive products that are installed are covered under specific product warranties provided in connection with auto services & are listed on the invoice.
- No returns on Valentine, Easter, Halloween and Christmas product after the holiday. Holiday season items purchased after the holiday are final sales and no returns will be accepted.
- Custom and personalized items, including custom jewelry cannot be returned. Prescription drugs, and gift cards cannot be returned.
- Opened music, movies, software, video games, and collectibles cannot be returned, but if defective, they can be exchanged for an identical item.
- Whole house standby generators
- If you return an item for exchange, the replacement merchandise that you receive cannot be refunded, it is only eligible for exchange.
- Delivery, labor &/or installation fees will not be refunded
Additional Fees (not applicable where prohibited by law, item is defective, or incorrect product was delivered):
- A 15% cancellation fee will be charged on any Special Order Item cancelled more than one day after purchase, but prior to delivery.
- A 15% restocking fee is charged for mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters and built-in home appliances, and any opened consumer electronics, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, space heaters and grills.
- A pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up the item from its location
HOME DELIVERY & INSTALLED ITEMS RETURN POLICY EXCEPTIONS:
- Damage reporting requirements:
- Carefully examine your purchases upon delivery. If any visible or functional damage is noticed, delivery should be refused. By accepting delivery, you are acknowledging that the items have arrived in working order.
- You must report any damage (visual or functional), within 3 days of delivery to be eligible for a return. If these items are not reported within this time frame, the return will not be accepted.
- If a product arrives damaged or does not work properly when you receive it, we will repair it, replace it or offer a refund. Repair, replacements or refunds are at the discretion of Sears.
To report damages, call 1-800-732-7747
MATTRESS, FOUNDATION, BED FRAMES & HEADBOARD/FOOTBOARDS RETURN POLICY
Mattress and Foundations:
Sears is committed to delivering you the right mattress. We believe your sleep and dreams matter. Our return policy for mattresses and foundations gives you the chance to adjust to your new bed. You must use the mattress set for 30 nights before requesting a return or exchange. If after the 30 night adjustment period you are not satisfied, you have between the 31st day and the 180th day after the delivery date to request a one-time comfort return or exchange for a different mattress and foundation of equal or greater value. For our "Best Stuff" mattresses you have until the 365th day to request your return or exchange. Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up the mattress or foundation from its location and a 15% usage and processing fee* will apply.
What's our "Best Stuff?" Signs in our mattress department will tell you which top of the line mattresses we think are our Best Stuff. Ask an associate for details or visit [sears.com/best-mattresses] for a list of model numbers.
Bedframes and Head/Footboards:
May be returned within 30 days of the delivery date with an original receipt if the product is undamaged & you return all original accessories.
MATTRESS, FOUNDATION, BED FRAMES & HEADBOARD/FOOTBOARDS RETURN POLICY EXCEPTIONS:
Not Returnable Items:
- Adjustable foundations / bases. Please refer to your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Display mattresses are purchased AS IS with all faults. The entire risk as to their quality & performance is with the buyer. Display mattresses are not covered by any warranty & they are not eligible for return, price adjustment, exchange or comfort guarantee. All sales of display mattresses are final. Should the mattress prove defective following purchase, the buyer & not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
To Request a One-Time Return, please call 1-800-479-5899.
Marketplace Items – Learn more about Sears Marketplace:
Sears Marketplace items are sold by third-party businesses (called “Marketplace Sellers”) who sell items via our websites and shopping apps. Seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the Marketplace Sellers before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the Marketplace Sellers profile page. Although the returns policies for these Marketplace Sellers may be different from Sears and Kmart returns policies, most items sold by Marketplace Sellers may be returned in new condition for a refund within 30 days of delivery. Some exclusions apply as certain items are not returnable (see “Non-Returnable Items” below), some item returns are subject to different time limits (see “Time Limits” below) and a restocking fee may apply for some items (see “Fees” below). All Sears Marketplace items MUST be returned directly to the Marketplace Seller and CANNOT be returned to Sears or Kmart (see “Return Processing” below).
All items are eligible for return per this policy except for the following:
- Apparel or footwear that have labels or tags removed or have been worn
- Any item damaged after delivery, however, the manufacturer’s warranty may apply. See the product literature or visit the manufacturer’s website for specific information and claim handling.
- Custom, built-to-order or personalized items, including jewelry
- “Whole house” standby generators
- Sexual Wellness products
- Holiday products, including but not limited to Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas which products were purchased after the holiday.
- Electronics, music, movies, software, video games and collectibles that have been opened. However, if the item is defective, it may be exchanged for an identical item.
- Some items that are considered hazardous materials may not be returned. Please contact Marketplace Seller directly so they can discuss the return with you. Hazardous items may include batteries, flammable liquids, computer equipment, or certain cosmetics or household goods, in addition to other common products.
Return requests must be submitted within 30 days of delivery except for refurbished Consumer Electronics items which must be submitted within 14 days after the item is received.
Items being returned must be mailed or shipped within 14 days of the date the return was authorized by the Marketplace Seller except for holiday products, including but not limited to Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas products which must be mailed or shipped prior to the holiday.
After the return period, the item is not eligible for return, however, the manufacturer’s warranty may apply. See the product literature or visit the manufacturer’s website for specific information and claim handling.
No fees are charged for processing a return or cancellation if the item received is incorrect, defective or where prohibited by law. Fees may be charged in the following circumstances:
- A cancellation fee of up to 15% may be charged if a built-to-order or personalized item is cancelled more than one day after purchase but prior to shipment.
- A restocking fee of up to 15% may be charged for mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters and built-in home appliances, and any opened consumer electronics, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, space heaters and grills.
- A restocking fee of up to 15% may be charged for the refusal of ordered items delivered via truck that are not damaged (does not apply to a small-package carrier such as UPS, USPS, FedEx Ground).
- A pick-up fee may be charged if a Marketplace Seller arranges for a carrier to pick up the item.
- If an item is normally non-returnable, a Marketplace Seller may, at its sole discretion, choose to accept the return but charge a restocking fee.
All item returns must be requested by the original buyer by contacting the Marketplace Seller prior to returning the item. The preferred method is via the online order center, but the Marketplace Seller’s customer service email or phone may be used. Once the Marketplace Seller has approved the item for return, the item must be returned directly to the Marketplace Seller in new condition, with the original packaging and any included product manuals, parts and/or accessories along with the order invoice/receipt.
Except where noted above, exchanges are usually not allowed. A Marketplace Seller may choose, at its sole discretion, to allow an item to be exchanged instead of returned as an exception provided that the items being exchanged are the same price.
Returning Items Sold by an eBay Marketplace Seller:
As with other Sears Marketplace items, eBay Marketplace sellers set their own return policies. If there’s a problem with your eBay Marketplace order, contact eBay customer service at (866) 540-3229. They’ll put you in touch with your seller who can help resolve issues and make returns.
Lands' End Purchases
Lands' End Guaranteed. Period. If you're not satisfied with any Lands' End item purchased Online, in the Lands' End Catalog, at a Lands’ End Inlet, or at a Sears Lands' End Shop, return it directly to Lands’ End at any time.
Returning Sears Outlet Items
Sears Outlet stores have a different return policy. Items purchased at Sears Outlet stores can only be returned to the outlet stores.
Returning Sears Parts Direct Items
Sears Parts Direct has a different return policy. For their complete return policy, please visit Sears Parts Direct.
You can process a Parts Direct return at many Sears stores. A Return Authorization is required. You can request this online or go to a store and ask a sales associate for assistance.
With a return authorization, you can print a return shipping label or return to a Sears location near you.
Points earned by Shop Your Way Member:
Points earned by a Shop Your Way Member on an item that is returned will be removed from his/her Shop Your Way account. If there are insufficient points in the account to be removed, the return amount may be reduced by the value of the points shortfall. See www.shopyourway.com for more details. www.shopyourway.com.
If you return an item bought as part of a promotional offer, we will refund what you return minus the value of the discount, bonus item, or points earned. Examples: award cards, gift cards, free or bonus items received with purchase. Shop Your Way Points earned on the item will be removed from your Shop Your Way Account. We may reduce your refund amount if there is a points shortfall. See www.shopyourway.com for more details. Multiple-buy discounts are pro-rated among all items: if some are returned, the refund will be reduced by their pro-rated discount. Note that certain Award cards may have an expiration date which will be on the face of the card.
We reserve the right to limit or decline a refund or exchange.