How to Return or Cancel an Order
Returning Items Sold by Sears
Shop Your Way Members now get 45 days from date of purchase to return most items! 30 days for all delivered/installed products from date of delivery/installation and 30 days from date of purchase for most products for non-members.
Our online system will help you ship back your return or get it ready to bring into one of our stores.
start your return or exchange
Or you can make your return to any Sears store with your original receipt or packing slip. Tires purchases can only be returned to a Sears Auto Center location.
Ship it Back
Using a Pre-Printed Return Label
To get a pre-printed return label and a return form, you can start your return online.
- Applicable shipping charges will be deducted from your refund unless the return is a result of our error. The expected refund amount will be displayed when you submit your return online.
Using Your Own Shipping Label
You can also use your own shipping label for the return. Please enclose the packing slip you received with your purchase and indicate which item(s) you are returning, quantity and the return reason code. If you are using your own shipping label we recommend that you use an insured and trackable service.
The return shipping address is printed on the packing slip included with your package. Please securely repack the return items, preferably, using the original packaging.
What's the best way to prepare your package for shipping?
To a Sears Store
You can return Sold by Sears merchandise to any Sears store.
Starting a Return Online
You can start a return online to make returning at our stores faster.
start your return or exchange
Going to the Store
Please remember to bring your online return form, your receipt, order confirmation email or the packing slip included in your package, as well as your original payment method for the purchase.
Any return credit will be processed to the original form of payment, excluding applicable discounts.
Please note: Sears items cannot be returned to Sears Outlet or Sears Hometown stores.
Returning Delivery Items
Large and oversized items are delivered to your home like appliances, mattresses, tractors & more.
Contact us to schedule a pick up within the return period, see https://www.sears.com/en_us/customer-service.html for contact options.
You can also bring it to a store near you in it’s original packaging.
find a store near you
Delivery Return Fees
Delivery, labor and/or installation fees cannot be refunded
Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up returned mattresses, foundations, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas & grills.
A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters & built-in home appliances.
Pick up fees & restocking fees do not apply when item is returned as defective or because incorrect product was delivered.
Sears sells Kmart items on our website. Any products that are shipped from Kmart can only be returned by shipping or to a Kmart store.
Start your return below or make your return any Kmart store with your original receipt or packing slip.
Sears Marketplace items are sold by third-party businesses (called “Marketplace Sellers”) who sell items via our websites and shopping apps. Seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the Marketplace Sellers before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the Marketplace Sellers profile page. Although the returns policies for these Marketplace Sellers may be different from Sears and Kmart returns policies, most items sold by Marketplace Sellers may be returned in new condition for a refund within 30 days of delivery. Some exclusions apply as certain items are not returnable (see “Non-Returnable Items” below), some item returns are subject to different time limits (see “Time Limits” below) and a restocking fee may apply for some items (see “Fees” below). All Sears Marketplace items MUST be returned directly to the Marketplace Seller and CANNOT be returned to Sears or Kmart (see “Return Processing” below).
All items are eligible for return per this policy except for the following:
- Apparel or footwear that have labels or tags removed or have been worn
- Any item damaged after delivery, however, the manufacturer’s warranty may apply. See the product literature or visit the manufacturer’s website for specific information and claim handling.
- Custom, built-to-order or personalized items, including jewelry
- “Whole house” standby generators
- Sexual Wellness products
- Holiday products, including but not limited to Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas which products were purchased after the holiday.
- Electronics, music, movies, software, video games and collectibles that have been opened. However, if the item is defective, it may be exchanged for an identical item.
- Some items that are considered hazardous materials may not be returned. Please contact Marketplace Seller directly so they can discuss the return with you. Hazardous items may include batteries, flammable liquids, computer equipment, or certain cosmetics or household goods, in addition to other common products.
Return requests must be submitted within 30 days of delivery except for refurbished Consumer Electronics items which must be submitted within 14 days after the item is received.
Items being returned must be mailed or shipped within 14 days of the date the return was authorized by the Marketplace Seller except for holiday products, including but not limited to Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas products which must be mailed or shipped prior to the holiday.
After the return period, the item is not eligible for return, however, the manufacturer’s warranty may apply. See the product literature or visit the manufacturer’s website for specific information and claim handling.
No fees are charged for processing a return or cancellation if the item received is incorrect, defective or where prohibited by law. Fees may be charged in the following circumstances:
- A cancellation fee of up to 15% may be charged if a built-to-order or personalized item is cancelled more than one day after purchase but prior to shipment.
- A restocking fee of up to 15% may be charged for mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters and built-in home appliances, and any opened consumer electronics, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, space heaters and grills.
- A restocking fee of up to 15% may be charged for the refusal of ordered items delivered via truck that are not damaged (does not apply to a small-package carrier such as UPS, USPS, FedEx Ground).
- A pick-up fee may be charged if a Marketplace Seller arranges for a carrier to pick up the item.
- If an item is normally non-returnable, a Marketplace Seller may, at its sole discretion, choose to accept the return but charge a restocking fee.
All item returns must be requested by the original buyer by contacting the Marketplace Seller prior to returning the item. The preferred method is via the online order center, but the Marketplace Seller’s customer service email or phone may be used. Once the Marketplace Seller has approved the item for return, the item must be returned directly to the Marketplace Seller in new condition, with the original packaging and any included product manuals, parts and/or accessories along with the order invoice/receipt.
Except where noted above, exchanges are usually not allowed. A Marketplace Seller may choose, at its sole discretion, to allow an item to be exchanged instead of returned as an exception provided that the items being exchanged are the same price.
As with other Sears Marketplace items, eBay Marketplace sellers set their own return policies. If there’s a problem with your eBay Marketplace order, contact eBay customer service at (866) 540-3229. They’ll put you in touch with your seller who can help resolve issues and make returns.
How to Return Other Merchandise
Tire Purchases at Sears
Tires and products which have been used and contain or utilize flammable liquids or gases must be returned to a Sears Auto Center.
Based on legal, regulatory and safety protocol, items that contain or utilize flammable liquids or gases cannot be returned through the mail, even if the item has been emptied of these materials. Types of products include, but are not limited to, items such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers and pressure washers. These products must be returned in person at your local Sears store and presented to an associate to complete the transaction. If you are unsure whether your product classifies as a Hazardous Material please visit the DOT website.
Lands' End Purchases
Lands' End Guaranteed. Period. If you're not satisfied with any Lands' End item purchased Online, in the Lands' End Catalog, at a Lands’ End Inlet, or at a Sears Lands' End Shop, return it directly to Lands’ End at any time.
Returning Sears Parts Direct Items
Sears Parts Direct has a different return policy. For their complete return policy, please visit Sears Parts Direct
You can process a Parts Direct return at many Sears stores. A Return Authorization is required. You can request this online or go to a store and ask a sales associate for assistance.
With a return authorization, you can print a return shipping label or return to a Sears location near you.
Items to be Shipped
We process your order immediately after you click "Place Order Now". You may be able to cancel before your order is shipped. Click below to check
go to your order center
When the status changes from Processing to Shipped, it means that your order has left Sears warehouse and is on its way. Tracking numbers & other information may not be available right away.